"Make it Monday" forum - UAA Internships: Everyone Benefits
Name: "Make it Monday" forum - UAA Internships: Everyone Benefits
Date: March 26, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM AKDT
Registration: Online registration for this event has closed.
Some businesses, especially small or new organizations, think they don?t have the time or money to create an internship position and hire an intern. In reality, UAA Career Exploration & Services Internship program staff have years of experience making it easy for faculty, employers and students to maximize their resources and create internship experiences that benefit everyone. Learn more about how UAA internships work from employers, faculty, and students who have participated in this program. Ask the experts and learn more about how you can benefit from interns, and how your organization can create an internship program to meet your talent acquisition goals in Alaska.
MODERATOR: Molly Orheim, Director of Career Exploration and Services, with over 20 years of experience working in Higher Education
- Joel Condon, Faculty, Construction Management Program, years of experience as an internship advisor
- Jacqueline Fontana, was an intern for Lincoln Harris CGS, Property Management in the summer of 2017. She graduated in August of 2017 with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a concentration in Property Management and Real Estate from the UAA College of Business and Public Policy. She now works at Lincoln Harris.
- Alex Else, was a Project Management intern for Granite Construction in the summer of 2017. He is currently pursuing a graduate degree in Project Management from the UAA College of Engineering.
- Jennifer Hutchens, Lincoln Harris CSG, Property Management, experience hiring and working with UAA interns
In addition, Moira Gallagher of the Anchorage Economic Development Corporation will discuss the results from their first-of-its-kind Millennial Workforce Report.
Real Life Intern Stories
- Wesley Early, interned for Ak Public Radio
- Elizabeth Castillo for Anch. Parks
- Matt Swanson for Chugiak firehouse
FOLLOW OUR EVENTS ON FACEBOOK!
New to Monday Forum? What to expect
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL TO SPEAK
Deadline to register online is 5 pm the Friday directly preceding the forum. But tickets are available at the door, day-of, to purchase.
Cancellation Note: There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. To receive a full refund, registration must be canceled no less than two business days prior to the date of the event. No refunds will be given after this date. All registrations are transferable to another person upon your request.