"Make it Monday" forum - Active Shooter Training
Presented By Avitus Group Safety & Risk Management Department
Rick Birdsall, Sr. Consultant,The Growth Company, an Avitus Group Company
Scott Stender, Sr. Consultant,The Growth Company, an Avitus Group Company
Bill Kane, Sr. Safety Consultant and Trainer, The Growth Company, an Avitus Group Company
As of June, there have been nine workplace killings in the U.S. in 2017. It’s become chillingly commonplace for us to learn that a terminated employee has stormed into his former workplace and killed those he holds accountable.
Avitus Group calls on all employers worldwide to unite against workplace violence. The company, with offices in Anchorage, Fairbanks and around the globe, has released a critical workplace violence prevention & protection guide in the wake of public shootings.
Avitus Group presents an abbreviated active shooter introduction to what employers need to know on October 2nd at The Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s "Make it Monday" Forum.
The course is the most comprehensive, affordable and effective course available for businesses, organizations, and schools.
Below are some of the topics you’ll see during Make it Monday:
- Avitus Group Assessment: Are you prepared
- Prevention and risk assessment: the threat vector
- Internal threats
- External threats
- How to recognize a threat and react appropriately
- What managers need to know and how to use no trespass letters
- Emergency Preparedness Assessment to identify strengths, vulnerabilities and compliance issues exposing your organization and employees to unnecessary risk
- Workplace policies
- Action plan
- The action plan you need
- Our current mindset and why we need to change our default mode
- The top 3 things employees need to consider
FOLLOW OUR EVENTS ON FACEBOOK!
New to Monday Forum? What to expect
Deadline to register online is 5 pm the Friday directly preceding the forum. But tickets are available at the door, day-of, to purchase.
Cancelation Note: There is a 48 hour cancelation policy. To receive a full refund, registration must be canceled no less than two business days prior to the date of the event. No refunds will be given after this date. All registrations are transferable to another person upon your request.