thread is looking for an individual to provide training and consultation to Spanish child care providers. This position can be full-time or part-time, depending on the desires of the candidate. It does require conducting evening and weekend trainings (generally 2-5 per month).
Being fluent in both English and Spanish is required. This position also requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in child development, education, health education, social work, or a related field. Visit http://threadalaska.org/ for more information.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Hiring Range (FT) : $47,500 - $50,000/year
Benefits (FT) : 4-weeks paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan (employee only), Dental, Vision. All premiums covered 100% for employee's health, dental, and vision.
The Professional Development Specialist provides training, services, and support to early educators with individual career advancement and enhancement of skills to improve the quality of their program around environments, child and family well-being, and program operations. This position must be able to provide training in Spanish.
- Provide professional development training to early educators around a variety of early care and education topics.
- Provide on and off-site consultation to early care and education programs throughout Southcentral Alaska.
- Support early educators in obtaining a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential through from the Council for Professional Recognition.
- Perform on-site assessment of environment and operations as requested by providers using a formal assessment tool.
- Gather, input and maintain program data for grant proposals and reports through database systems and spreadsheets.
- Help caregivers accommodate children, family members, and staff with special needs in the child care setting.
- Provide support services and community resource referrals to parents and early educators via thread line.
- Support family and center based programs working through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) accreditation process.
- Provide support and education to community agencies with regards to early childhood development and thread services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred, in child development, education, health education, social work or related field.
- Previous experience conducting program evaluations using outcome measures and reporting results preferred.
- Current driver’s license required, Alaska driver’s license preferred.
- References and valid identification required.
- Must pass background check.
- Knowledge of early care and education, inclusive child care, children’s health and social services and community resources.
- Knowledge of child development, early care and education best practices and effective consultation and training models.
- Knowledge of adult education practices and previous experience training and consulting; comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community.
- Ability to become inter-rater reliable on a variety of assessment tools within 1 year.
- Ability to use database systems and general office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to meet job requirements, including travel to rural communities via small planes (generally 1-4 times per year).
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on training and consultation needs, including evenings and weekends as required.
Schedule and Compensation:
Position Hours : Day shift, occasional evenings and weekends required each month (generally 2 to 5 times).
Location : 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type : Full Time or Part Time
Classification : Exempt, Permanent
Supervisor : Director of Professional Development
tags: child hood train trains consults provider providers educator educators ece educate educator thread child care connection childcare bilingual spanish speaking spanish-speaking spanish-speaker speaker professional development specialist